St. Vincent and the Grenadines (iWitness News) – Three persons who knew they had COVID-19 did not comply with the in-home isolation protocol of not interacting with persons from outside, or entertaining persons in their homes during their illness.
Chief Medical Officer Simone Keizer Beache made the disclosure at a press conference, on Wednesday, as she responded to a question about the status of the Ministry of Health’s investigation into the 200 cases detected among Vincentians with no recent travel history.
Keizer-Beache said her ministry has evidence that persons completed the five-day in-hotel quarantine, but later “went into the communities and might not have complied with the complete 14 days in the home”.
Previously, persons who test negative after five days quarantining in a hotel were allowed to complete a further nine days’ quarantine at home.
“We also have evidence of persons, known positive cases, who because of our protocol here, we also have stable persons who are positive … we allow them to isolate at home,” Keizer-Beache said.