by Kevon Browne
St. Kitts and Nevis (WINN): Commissioner of Police Hilroy Brandy confirmed that a soldier was charged with sexual assault last week, October 27.
“Yes, an army person was charged for sexual assault; that’s all I can say on that matter.”
According to reports, the soldier, Walter Bass, allegedly had unlawful sexual contact with a female sometime during October.
Bass has been released on EC$30,000 bail, under the following terms and conditions:
1. Bass reports to the Stapleton Police Station every Monday between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
2. Surrender his passport to the Registrar of the High Court and not to attempt to leave the jurisdiction.
3. Reside nightly at Gillard’s Meadow, New Road, and not change address without 72 hours’ notice to the police.
4. Not to have any contact nor to interfere with the virtual complainant or other prosecution witnesses, whether by himself or through the actions of his servants and or agents, nor to come within 100 feet of the virtual complainant.
5. Any breach of the conditions of bail will result in revocation of bail and immediate arrest.