by Clive Bacchus
St Kitts and Nevis (WINN): Officials are urging consumers to conserve water as the country faces a severe dry season or drought. Rainfall from January to April is approximately 6 inches, which is half the amount for the same period last year.
With the public water supply 100 percent dependent on rainfall, the Water Services Department has offered the following advisory:
(1) Check your premises for any leaks and have them repaired immediately.
(2) Report any suspected leaks to the Water Services Department (467-1005/467-1447) or 664-9119
(3) Persons caught watering grass/lawn will be disconnected from the Public Supply.
(4) Avoid the use of hoses to wash vehicles and buildings; use a bucket
(5) Certain non-domestic users of water will be limited
(6) Please monitor your usage of water and be as conservative as practicable.
For more information regarding the Water Services Department, contact the Communications Officer, Che-Raina Warner at 467-1464.