24.1 C
Sunday, December 10, 2023
HomeSportsCricketDottin shortlisted for ICC Women's Player of the Month award

Dottin shortlisted for ICC Women’s Player of the Month award


DUBAI, United Emirates (CMC) — West Indies Women opening batsman Deandra Dottin has been nominated for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Player of the Month for January.

The ICC on Tuesday identified her among the nominees in the women’s category, along with Sri Lankan Chamari Athapaththu and Heather Knight of England.

The ICC highlighted Dottin’s breathtaking batting performance in the ODI series against South Africa last month.

She scored 187 runs in two matches against the Proteas, including an unbeaten 150 at the Wanderers. Her innings consisted of 18 fours and four huge sixes.

Unfortunately, rain interrupted the match and no result could be achieved, even though West Indies had reduced South Africa to 87-5.

Despite that, the ICC said, Dottin’s performance “lit up the series”.

The winner of the award is decided by the independent ICC Voting Academy and fans. The academy holds a 90 per cent share of the vote, while fans registered with the ICC vote via the ICC website account for the remaining 10 per cent.


Most Popular

Contact a Program
If you are interested in a program or advertising, send us a message.
Send Message
Signup for our Newsletter
We'll only be in touch when we've something exciting to share.
We never share your details
No thanks