by Devonne Cornelius
St. Kitts and Nevis (WINN): Eight guests have been placed in quarantine at a government facility following a breach of COVID-19 protocols at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis between Thursday, March 11 and Saturday, March 13.
Superintendent of Police Cromwell Henry confirmed this in an interview with WINN this morning (March 16).
“Eight persons have been removed from the Four Seasons and placed in a government facility where they will be quarantined for 14 days pending their court appearance,” the top cop said.
Superintendent Henry further indicated that the investigation is still underway. None of the guests have been charged as yet for the offences and no date was disclosed for their expected court appearance.
To the issue of the quarantine breaches, the National COVID-19 Task Force said Sunday (March 14) that as a result of two security breaches, and the fact that the eight guests may have come into contact with a number of local individuals at a nightspot on Nevis, an aggressive contact tracing exercise had been started by the Ministry of Health.
This process will result in the quarantine and testing of the individuals who may have been exposed to the eight guests of the resort, in an effort to control the spread of infection should any of the eight guests test positive for Covid-19, the Task Force declared.
The Task Force said its investigations have revealed that the first of the two incidents occurred on Thursday evening (March 11) and involved two (2) guests who illegally left the resort’s premises for approximately two (2) hours.
The second security breach took place in the wee hours of Saturday morning (March 13) and involved six (6) guests who also managed to leave the resort’s compound without authorization.