24.1 C
Basseterre
Monday, November 28, 2022
HomeNewsRegional NewsFinal preparations underway ahead of Independence Day touchdown of Antigua Airways

Final preparations underway ahead of Independence Day touchdown of Antigua Airways

spot_img

By Gemma Handy (Antigua Observer) The historic arrival of the country’s first eponymously named airline in three decades is now just a day away.

Final preparations are underway at the VC Bird International Airport to welcome the inaugural flight of Antigua Airways – which also marks the first direct flight between the twin island nation and West Africa.

The plane is set to land at 8:30 am Tuesday as the country marks 41 years of Independence from Britain.

The launch of Antigua Airways was first announced in July. It will be based in Antigua and initially offer flights to Nigeria, Ghana and Canada, with routes to other West African countries slated to be added as operations expand.

The government of Antigua and Barbuda is a part owner in the company and will enjoy 20 percent of any profits generated. The majority shareholders – a Nigerian investment group – will receive the remaining 80 percent.

Read more

MAKANA FERRY SCHEDULE

spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

Most Popular

spot_img
Advertisement
Contact a Program
If you are interested in a program or advertising, send us a message.
Send Message
Signup for our Newsletter
We'll only be in touch when we've something exciting to share.
We never share your details
No thanks
Subscribe