24.1 C
Basseterre
Monday, January 25, 2021
Home News Regional News Former DPM Condemns Tabloid Attacks

Former DPM Condemns Tabloid Attacks

(Eyewitness News) NASSAU, BAHAMAS — East Grand Bahama MP K Peter Turnquest today hit back at tabloid attacks he claims have persisted against him since the government dismissed a private loan offering.

The former deputy prime minister and minister of finance resigned from Cabinet last week after he was included in an untested writ of summons alleging his involvement in a $30 million “bogus loan” scheme.

At the time, the East Grand Bahama MP said he made the decision to resign to protect his family, and in the best interest of his constituency and the Free National Movement, citing “unfounded and untrue claims” in the mainstream press as well as in social media.

In a statement today, Turnquest said: “Ever since the Government of The Bahamas dismissed a private loan arrangement with a foreign finance firm in favour of an international Bond offering, the bi-weekly tabloid, The Punch, has launched a relentless attack on me and the Ministry of Finance.”

Read more

Most Popular

OPEN IN NEW WINDOW

Contact a Program
If you are interested in a program or advertising, send us a message.
Send Message
Signup for our Newsletter
We'll only be in touch when we've something exciting to share.
We never share your details
No thanks
Subscribe