St. Vincent and the Grenadines (iWitness News)_ Minister of Health, Jimmy Prince, Permanent Secretary, Cuthbert Knights, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Simone Keizer-Beache as well as two members of the administrative staff of the Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment have been advised, out of an abundance of caution, to quarantine for a period of five days ending Saturday, Jan. 9.
The ministry said on Wednesday that this advice is “based on contact tracing initiated during the evening of Tuesday, Jan. 5, after the receipt of a positive COVID-19 PCR result by a relative of a staff member of the ministry.
“The minister and the four officers of the MOHWE, having been in close contact with the positive individual six days previously, were tested during the evening of Jan. 5 and found to be negative for COVID-19. However, as per protocol for persons exposed to a positive person, they were advised to immediately quarantine,” the ministry said in a statement.
“The Minister, Permanent Secretary, and Chief Medical Officer will continue to work remotely from their quarantine locations,” the statement added.