The Carib Brewery (St. Kitts & Nevis) Ltd invites applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT OFFICER
To assist in developing and monitoring systems and procedures to promote Health, Safety and Environment within the Company and to minimize any adverse effects of these on employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must possess at least an Associate degree in a related field
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from a recognized institution would be an asset
- At least one (1) years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety
- Assist in conducting Company-wide hazard identification process and follows up on recommended and implemented corrective actions on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Human Resource Officer in conducting and preparing reports of safety plans and audits at all Carib Brewery’s operating departments and follows up on corrective action.
- Provide assistance in the planning and preparation of OSH materials (e.g. policies, reports and safety management systems).
- Document and record information by entering, storing and maintaining information in a written or electronic form.
- Collect data on work environment for analysis by HSE Department and assists in the implementation and evaluation of programs designed to limit risks to employees.
- Report all accidents and communicates with the Human Resource Officer regarding corrective actions to prevent accidents.
- Follow up on OSH-related accidents to ensure corrective actions are implemented and closed.
- Assist in providing statistical data related to monthly and work-related accidents for accident cost analysis reports.
- Ensure that HSE reports are completed efficiently as needed to facilitate timely submission of management reports.
- Collate, analyse and communicate information relevant to the occurrence of accident loss, risk assessment, and methods to prevent accidents and achieve optimum business results.
- Assist with conducting research to develop materials for employee training.
- Plan and organize meetings and training sessions, including preparation of agendas, documents, arrangements and minutes of meetings.
- Perform any other duties in keeping with the job function.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of basic Health and Safety principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills and ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks within a team-based environment.
Applications from qualified applicants should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two business references
All application documents should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to
The Human Resources Officer
Carib Brewery (St. Kitts & Nevis) Ltd
Buckley’s Site, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of all applications is January 31st, 2022.