St. Vincent & the Grenadines (iWitness News) – The detection of 16 local cases of COVID-19 since Dec. 28, 2020 has transitioned St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ response to a different phase, a senior health official said on Tuesday.
Dr. Roger Duncan, medical officer of health, made the point at a virtual press conference at which he noted the importance of contact tracing and for persons to be honest with health officials.
However, by Wednesday, that number had risen to 28 local cases, by which time, Minister of Health, Jimmy Prince, Permanent Secretary, Cuthbert Knights, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Simone Keizer-Beache as well as two members of the administrative staff of the Ministry of Health had been advised, out of an abundance of caution, to quarantine for a period of five days, ending Saturday, Jan. 9.
Duncan told Tuesday’s press conference that persons may have to disclose sensitive personal information to health authorities.
Duncan promised that any such information would be treated with the strictest of confidence.