by Clive Bacchus
St Kitts and Nevis (WINN): The Ministry of Health is reporting two new confirmed cases of COVID-19 taking the number of active cases to nine and the total number of confirmed cases since last year to 54.
In a press statement issued Monday morning (May 24), the new cases were linked to Case#46 announced Wednesday by officials as a national working at a local hotel who had not traveled recently.
“These two new cases are referred to as Case #53 and Case #54. Case #53 is an imported case and is closely related to Cse#47. The individual is an inbound passenger who arrived in the Federation on May 9, 2021. Case #54 is a national and has had close contact with Case #49. The individuals are in isolation at a COVID-19 certified facility”, the ministry said.
So far, 40 confirmed cases are recorded on St Kitts and 14 on Nevis since last year. The country has 45 fully recovered cases and no recorded death.
The ministry said it will broaden the contact tracing and testing exercise it started on Wednesday, May 19 to break the chain of transmission of the virus and contain the cluster of cases.