24.1 C
Basseterre
Sunday, January 24, 2021
Home News Regional News Rowley: Govt Sought Additional $16B to Address COVID-19

Rowley: Govt Sought Additional $16B to Address COVID-19

(Trinidad Guardian) Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley said last night the Government had to source $16 billion more than the 2020 budgetary allocation to assist the country through the COVID-19 pandemic.

Dr. Rowley was addressing the audience at the PNM Tobago Council’s 2021 campaign launch and presentation of candidates for the January 25 THA elections.

He said Tobago got its fair share of the budgetary pie and attributed this to a “smooth cooperation and association” between the People’s National Movement (PNM)- led Central Government and Executive Council in the Tobago House of Assembly (THA).

“We had to go and find $16 billion additional to the budget of last year October to be able to fund our arrangement through a pandemic to be where we are today,” the PM told his audience.

Read more

Most Popular

OPEN IN NEW WINDOW

Contact a Program
If you are interested in a program or advertising, send us a message.
Send Message
Signup for our Newsletter
We'll only be in touch when we've something exciting to share.
We never share your details
No thanks
Subscribe