24.1 C
Basseterre
Monday, May 20, 2024
HomeNewsRegional NewsRowley: I did not attack DPP

Rowley: I did not attack DPP

spot_img

by Anthony Wilson (Trinidad Guardian) Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley said yesterday that when he disclosed that the Government had spent $45 million renovating, outfitting and leasing an executive building in Port-of-Spain to house the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, he was not attacking office holder Roger Gaspard.

More importantly, he says the Government respects the independence of the office and will work hand in hand with the DPP to sort out the issues with his office.

“To say what the Cabinet had done and what the outcome had been is not an attack on the DPP. It is a statement of fact. It is not an allegation,” Rowley said during media conference at the Diplomatic Centre in Port-of-Spain, adding, “Show me one instance where I did, or anybody in my Government, take issue with a decision of the DPP in any case.”

At a public meeting of the ruling People’s National Movement(PNM) in Barataria on March 8, the Prime Minister gave details on the building, which once housed RBTT Financial’s head office, as he noted it remained unoccupied by the Office of the DPP after three years.

Read more

spot_img
spot_img

Most Popular

spot_img
Advertisement
Contact a Program
If you are interested in a program or advertising, send us a message.
Send Message
Signup for our Newsletter
We'll only be in touch when we've something exciting to share.
We never share your details
No thanks
Subscribe