Federation Media Group Limited (Trading as WINN Media) is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Journalist.
To lead and oversee the News Team inclusive of managing the production of audio and digital newscasts, proofreading, and ensuring accurate reporting within specified deadlines. To also perform and oversee program hosting and content enhancement.
- Perform Senior Editor duties.
- Design innovative and unique solutions to optimize routine news coverage.
- Monitor the use of multimedia and alternative storytelling strategies to widen readership base.
- Assist with preparing and managing work schedule and deadlines for the News Team.
- Prepare News articles and Editorial stories.
- Collaborate with reporters, journalists, editors and photojournalists and anchors to facilitate efficient news coverage to strengthen the company’s branding in media market.
- Assist with coordinating training to enhance the skills and knowledge of the News Team.
- Assist with Hosting of radio and Digital talk programs and delivering enhanced content.
- Supervisory Level Experience.
- A Degree in Journalism or related field.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Proficient in the use of Digital Applications and news editing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Work experience in Media, an asset.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Suitable candidates should send their cover letter, resume and two professional references to: [email protected] addressed as follows:
Business Manager Federation Media Group Ltd. Unit C24, Sands Complex Basseterre, St. Kitts