by Jonathan Stuart
St. Lucia (LoopNews) – New protocols were announced this afternoon during an Update to the Nation on the COVID-19 Response.
Prime Minister Hon Allen Chastanet noted, “We have a small crisis on our hands that can become much more catastrophic if we don’t address it now.”
“The protocols that we’re putting in place are to try to achieve and maintain stability… for us to continue to progress,” said Chastanet.
Chairman of the Command Centre Hon Dominic Fedee announced that the following protocols will be in effect for a 10 day period starting Friday, January 22, 2021:
- Work from Home and Reduce Contact Meetings
- Suspension of Face to Face Classroom Teaching
- All Business and Commercial Activities to be suspended by 9:00 pm
- Prohibition of ALL Social Activities
- Restrictions on In-Dining Restaurant Services
- Prohibition of all Sporting Activities including Gyms
- Restriction on the Sale of Alcohol for 21 Days
- Limitation on Church and Religious Ceremonies