St. Kitts-Nevis (Sports Page) – The Nevis Cricket Association has released a tentative schedule for its much anticipated T-10 tournament, which will be sponsored by the St. Kitts-Nevis Anguilla National Bank.
However, the scheduled start of the tournament, set for this weekend, may be delayed.
In a communique to the registered teams, President of the Nevis Cricket Association, Carlisle Powell, indicated the following:
“Please accept my apologies for the delayed information on the upcoming tournament. We have received sponsorship for incentives for teams and players and they are listed in the attached documents.
Be further advised that the Director of Sports Jamir Claxton communicated the troubling news that the Federal Cabinet has taken a position that “all sporting competitions shall be held spectator less”. We are seeking clarification as this may affect whether we proceed with the competition or delay the start date.
We had a very productive meeting with the Umpires Association and the assignment of umpires will be completed soonest and an updated fixture will be issued……..”
As regards the actual competition, the following information was also relayed:
“The playing conditions for the NCA T20 Competition shall apply except where specified hereunder.
- The tournament shall be played among Four Division 1 teams and Six Division 2 teams. It shall be played on a Round Robin basis across divisions. For the purpose of this tournament, the Four Division 1 teams are Government Road All Stars, Empire, Highlights & Pioneers. The Six Division 2 teams are Brown Hill, Calypso, Easterns, Jets, New Vision & Youths of Nevis. Each Division will have separate Semifinals & Finals & each Division will have a winner. Players can only represent one team. Exemptions may be granted for players under the age of 15.
- DURATION OF MATCHES. The matches shall consist of one inning per side, each limited to 10 overs. Each team shall have forty five (45) minutes to bowl its 10 overs.
Points. The Points System Shall be as follows: Win 2 Points, Loss 0 Points, No Result 1 Point
Incentives will include:
- Champions $800.00 & a trophy
- 2nd place $500.00 & a trophy
- Man of the match for each match $25.00
- Most runs $250.00
- Most wickets $250.00
- Most catches $100.00
- MVP $250.00”
The tentative schedule for the first round of matches is as follows:
Saturday 6th February –All Stars v Calypso at VOJN at 1 pm-Umpires: Wallace and Somersall
3 pm-Easterns v New Vision at VOJN-Umpires: Parry and Browne
Sunday 7th February-Pioneers v Brown Hill at 11 am (This match has been postponed to April 2nd
1 pm-Highlights v Jets at VOJN Umpires: Powell and Frazier
3 pm –Youths of Nevis v Empire at VOJN- Umpires: Monzac and Weekes